Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

WINNERS - Challenge #8 - You've Got Happy Mail

Hi, Niki here,

2015 is done and gone but not forgotten. We are so thankful here at Anything But Cute to continue our creative journey and share with all of you lovelies. I am tickled pink with all the entries into our  #8 You've Got Happy Mail challenge. I bet the Post Office was overflowing with wonderful designs and perhaps a few (okay, more than a few) smiles for the Happy Mail. After a long and arduous decision making process I have chosen the winner of my challenge:

WINNER -#30-Elli
This card is luscious with the metallics and grunge! Elli used a lot of leftovers from previous designs and you would never know it because everything flows together so smoothly. I love that grunge and delicate are in this design. The elegant filigree and the soft polka dot paper=awesome sauce! Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous! I bet the recipient of this Happy Mail was ecstatic!

Congratulations Elli! Pamellia will be in touch by email to send you a personalized winner's badge and to provide details about being our Guest Designer for the next challenge.



RUNNER-UP -#20 Max
I chose this lovely Nativity Scene because it captures the spirit of the season and showcases the meaning of the holiday. I love how dimensional this card is but at the same time it is flat for easy mailing. Did you see it has 4 layers? Say what? Yeppers, wowzers! There are so many wondrous techniques used on this card and that punch star is the perfect finishing touch!

***
Now let's have a look at our DT favourites:




Anne's Favourite - #37 - LISA F
Lisa's shabby chic Christmas card is so elegant in the white and gold, I love all the layering of the die cuts, the gorgeous lace and the shabby bow.  The handmade shabby poinsettias really do steal centre stage, they are so incredibly beautiful.


Branka's Favourite#4 MARCH/CORINNE DE FRANCE

This wintery mixed media piece of art is absolutely stunning with fantastic textures and beautiful colours! I especially love those touches of gold and silver and such awesome use of pearls and beads! The center piece is so elegant and vintage looking! Simply brilliant! 


Cec's Favourite - # 9 Silje Kristin
This card made with Maja papers is stunning with all the layers and the unique shape.  I love how the frosting has been added to everything and that the back of the card has a special place to add a personal note to the recipient.


Pamellia's Favourites :
As an extreme card lover, I found it especially difficult to narrow down my favourites this month. I usually choose two that stand out to me, but I just couldn't get there...so this month, I have three!

12. Coldwaters2
I am completely drawn in by the traditional reds and greens on Lorraine's card! There are so many wonderful details included, like pom pom trim, snowflakes, poinsettias, and even a glittery Christmas tree!! What an amazing festive creation!

36. Sanderijn de Bruin
There's no escaping my affinity for blues this year and I just melted the minute I saw Sanderijn's stunning tag! Layer upon layer of shimmering blue tones with splashes of metallic blue for that extra pop! The silver accents are just icing on the cake, and that deer atop the big shabby bow...WOWZERS!!

48. Jacquie's Jewels
There's just no escapin the fact that if I was a 2D, 3 inch tall person, this is where I would want to live! Jacquie has created a winter scene that is so realistic, at first I thought it was a digital printout!! So much atmosphere and it was done by hand, WHAT!!! Now that's amazing talent!


Samra's Favourite#31 Julie Lavalette
I have "a thing" for Christmas Wreaths: love to see them hanging on the homes' front doors, inside the home, on the cards, you name it! Julie captured the spirit of the season so perfectly with this gorgeous card and the vintage feel to it makes it even more beautiful.


Sara Emily's Favourite -# 24 Strangly Creative

As usual there were so many wonderful creations, but I just had to choose Cathryn's sensory card as my favorite.  Not only is it beautiful in it's color and design, it was made with the recipient in mind, who is partially sighted.  Cathryn's thought was to make her card larger and include many tactile elements so her friend could "see" it! She even included the sense of smell on her card! Be sure to visit her blog to see how she did that!  Bravo, Cathryn!

***
We have a special award to give out this month to one of our favourite artists. She has been with us since we started and never misses a challenge. Her work is just beyond amazing and the entire team loves her creativity and her style.  

Last month her entry was one of our favourites, but unfortunately, it didn't follow our challenge theme. To read her post about WHY it doesn't follow the theme, will leave you in stitches! What an amazing sense of humour and ability to laugh when things go wrong. We have all been there and completely understand, so to the very amazing...

Joi - Joi at the Ranch
...congratulations, you had the best Non-Themed Project!


Here is some of Joi's previous works - if you're looking for inspiration, here it is!!
    
Joi - may you always keep your sense of humour and the entire team sends a thank you for being so loyal and for lighting up our challenges with your art and your spirit!!

***
Honourable Mentions


      

      

***
A huge congratulation everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who played along with us last month and don't forget to grab your badges! You earned them!!

There is still plenty of time to enter Anne's current challenge "Ring Out the Old - Bring in the New"! We can't wait to see what you come up with this time!

Hugs to all, from the 'Anything But Cute' Design Team

22 comments:

  1. Cingrates to all the winners and Thanks so much Samra for picking my card as your DT Favourite.
    Hugs, Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations to the winners, favourites and special mentions! It was so difficult to choose this month as everyone created stunning projects. A special thank you to Joi for making us all smile, your post really was such fun! Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond Speechless. I don't ever remember being touched so deeply. I will never ever forget this. By far, my most cherished badge of all from my most cherished DT of all. Thank you is not enough. ღj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just showed all your precious writing to hubby and he says to tell you..."You brought a glow to my heart and a smile to me face for your creative recognition." I wish you could have been a fly on the wall - he was laughing and commenting as I was reading him what you said and showed him the badge etc. And yes... he totally knows the background of my failures at ABC. After 43 years - we are best friends and share everything. So... thank you all for being a bright glow in both of our hearts. r&j

      Delete
    2. Oh dear -PLEASE forgive me.... I was so totally emotional about my honor that I neglected to say Congratulations to the winners. There were some completely amazing projects submitted for the December challenge. I don't now HOW the DT chose. EVERYONE did SUPER FINE. GREAT way to start the NEW YEAR for the WINNERS and HONORABLE MENTIONS. And hey... YOU ALL did it RIGHT... HIGH FIVE!! Seriously - HUGE CONGRATS to you all. Hugs. j.

      Delete
  4. What an amazingly wonderful surprise. I'm extremely happy for that recognition. Another great inspiration for me. As long as i receive your appreciation of my work i'll never stop showing you my world through my projects.A huge thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell in love with this blog the fist time i came upon it. You can see so many amazing mixed media projects here. You are all a great inspiration to me.I'm so excited that i have to say again-i'm truly honored to be among so many talented creators of beauty.

      Delete
  5. Joi, I really loved reading your comments and seeing you receive this oh so special recognition by such a thoughtful group of amazing designers here at ABC! I too wish I could have been a fly on the wall watching you read this post. <3 I really appreciate this challenge blog offering so many ways to have your art showcased and am thankful to be amongst such a fabulous array of featured artists. Big hugs to the everyone who played along! Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for choosing my card as an Honorable mention, congrats to all winners, such talent girls and the DT's awesome work too,
    hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun bunch you all are here, I love that you don't take yourselves too seriously. Only great artists do that ;0) Many thanks for the honorable mention and well done to all the winners. It was a great challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You all are so amazing to share your artwork with so many through this challenge blog. We're happy you believe it's a safe, fun place to display your talents; it is our intent. Keep 'em coming! Congrats to all the winners, runner's up, honorable and special mentions, too! This had to be one of the hardest challenges we've had to come up with a "favorite"! So many AWESOME projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous winner and favourites, and your tribute to Joi is just hilarious as well as really lovely!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Branka for picking my card as your DT Favourite
    Congratulations to the winners.
    corinne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so very much Pamellia for choosing my card as one of the DT favourites, a big congratulations to all the winners.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!Runner-Up! What an enormous surprise! Thank you for choosing my card! I`m very happy! Hugs for everyone!
    Max :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to all the fabulous winners…..I am so happy to be one of the Honourable Mentions again! Thank You! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww! I just have to say that reading your comments here about our team makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! This is exactly why I joined this team and love em so much! Between the team and all the talented artists that take part in our challenges, this blog is the place to be. To be: yourself! Hugz and hugz to everyone! Thank you for sharing your art and your hearts. Huge congrats to everyone that participated! ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so honoured my tag is featured!Thank you Pamellia, you're such a sweetheart!! Gorgeous work everyone and offcourse congratulations to the winner and the other featured ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sara Emily thank you so very much for choosing my card as your favourite - I am hugely honoured that you have done so, as you are so talented. In fact everyone on this blog is a huge talent and also so very nice - I have to second Pawsitively and say this blog is the place to be! I really love it! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ive been away for so long. I miss seeing all the wonderful entries. Some pretty amazing ,quality work here. Love It !
    L.B

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for choosing my card as Honorable mention :)

    ReplyDelete