Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Challenge #15 - Summertime Fun!

Hello Everyone!

Anne here and I am your hostess this for this month's challenge here at Anything But Cute. Thanks to all those who joined us last month, we truly did have some fabulous entries! Don't forget to check back with us next Tuesday when Niki and the team announce the winners of the Birds and the Bees challenge. Now on to this month's theme.

Here in the UK we don't usually get great summers, but we love to flock to the seaside, come rain or shine.  Many of us head off to beautiful foreign places to soak up the sun and local culture, while others prefer a stay-cation, enjoying the garden or exploring our own beautiful countries.  I love hearing about and seeing photos of holidays that family and friends have taken and that is what inspired me to choose the theme this month.  So, bring on the ...

SUMMERTIME FUN

What does Summertime fun mean to you?  Spending time by the seaside, foreign travel, camping in the great outdoors or simply enjoying time in the garden?  Create a MIXED MEDIA project focusing on how you like to spend your Summertime.  Don't forget to tell us how your project relates to our theme.

***
And now for some inspiration from the talented Anything But Cute design team!

Anne - Redanne
Those who know me, know how much I love the seaside and anything to do with the sea. My dream has always been to own a beach hut by the sea and since part of every holiday includes visiting and photographing beach huts, it seemed natural to create my ideal beach scene....

Autumn - Sew Paper Paint
SewPaperPaint-Summertime-Fun


Branka - Vintage Handmade
I enjoy riding my bicycle during the Summertime and it makes me feel so free.  I created this messy and bright jumbo tag using my fluo acrylic paints to express  how much fun I have during my Summertime.

Lisa - A Mermaid's Crafts
My most favorite thing about the summer is time spent at the beach (must be the mermaid in me ;) I used just about every medium in my craft room to create this ocean-side canvas: texture paste, crackle glaze, grunge paste, texture sand, glass beads, heavy gesso, sprays, paint and even real sand. The sentiment says it all for me...life is better at the beach!!

Pamellia - My Little Craft Things
I think my favourite thing about summertime is how beautiful the world is. All the blue skies and water with colourful flowers and fresh green foliage. I love it! And you can forget the beautiful creatures too! For my tutorial part of this summery card, I have put together a video. Enjoy!



Sara Emily - sarascloset

I made an art journal page to depict my Summertime Fun. I used gesso, sprays, paint, crackle mediums, and few other mixed media products to bring to life a warm summer day at my favorite summer vacation destination.  It's more than a place--it's an experience! I hope you'll enjoy a walk through a West Virginia meadow and then sit a spell on porch with me at my blog.

***
My teammates have certainly risen to the challenge with their stunning Summertime projects, don't you think? Please hop over to the team blogs to see more photos and get some details on how these projects were made. And don't forget to leave some bloggy love while you're there.

I hope that we have inspired you to create a mixed media project showing us how you love to spend your Summertime!

The winner will receive the honour of being our Feature Artist for an upcoming challenge!

Here at Anything But Cute we just love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional projects and artists. You just never know when we might be giving out something special to a lucky mixed media newcomer. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Challenge runs until August 4th - we can't wait to see what you come up with! Happy Crafting from the entire team and thanks for visiting Anything But Cute!

16 comments:

  1. Amazing work, ladies! I'm always floored by my teammates creativity! I'm off for a closer look at each one of these awesome summertime makes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful work! Thanks for the inspiration, ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much teamies for all your fabulous and inspiring creations, they are all incredible! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect July theme and some awesome inspiration from you ladies x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great challenge !!, fabulous inspiration from DT !!...
    Thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - what a brilliant line-up of summery sunshine and talent ladies! Thank-you for sharing these wonderful makes. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant theme - love it, thank you Anne!! - and inspiration by the DT!!! Fabulous!
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to you sweet ladies who have commented here and thanks to my amazing team for always upping my game with their creativity and inspiration. We did it again, what fun! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the theme and great inspiring work from the DT. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful theme and amazing inspiration from the DT as always, off to take a closer look at your wonderful projects! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creations! So inspiring, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you wonderful ladies for all your supportive comments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These gorgeous projects have danced in my heart since they were first posted! Stunning work by the entire DT! You are beyond talented with such impeccable eyes for design. I am thrilled to be playing along for the first time as I tip-toe into mixed media... I am eager to learn and grow. Thank you for the inspiration and summery challenge. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for letting me know about this challenge... Man, there are some talented crafters in the world :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. fantastic challenge blog , look forward to joining more
    your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete