Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Winners - Challenge #11 Crazy For Colour

Hi, Branka here with the winners of the 'Crazy For Colour' challenge. Thank you so much for all the fantastic vibrant entries and I am amazed at how many beautiful and colourful projects we received! Oh, it was extremely difficult for me to pick just one winner and a runner-up but after a long going back and forth here is my winner

WINNER#55 - Kris
A stunning abstract piece of art with such rich textures and a fantastic explosion of colours! Awesome layering and a fabulous use of art stones and cotton pieces! This glorious project has stolen my heart!

Congratulations Kris!  Pamellia will be in touch by email to send you a personalized winner's badge and to provide details about being our Feature Artist for the next challenge.

And now for the Runner-Up




RUNNER-UP# 22 - Joi@RR
Fabulous colourful and bold piece brilliantly put together. Amazing crackle effect and awesome whimsical flowers! This project really adds sunshine to ones day!

***
Now let's have a look at our DT favourites:




Anne's Favourite - #55 Kris
I was completely and utterly blown away by the wonderful textures Kris created and the colours are sensational, on this bold and beautiful piece of art.


Cec's Favourite - #55 Kris
I couldn't help choosing this as my favourite as well.  The colours are bold and bright but the texture is over-the-top fabulous.  When I saw this my first thought was a coral bed in some sea somewhere exotic and I immediately wanted to go there and look at it from a glass bottomed boat - no scuba diving for me.


Niki's Favourite - #69-Rina
Rina's design has all the lovely colors of the rainbow and each color is so vibrant and fun. I adore this design and the splitz and splatters she created on her background. The bonus are the gorgeous colors of the flowers and the little butterflies fluttering around. Amazing and gorgeous design! Carpe Diem!


Pamellia's Favourites -

38. zosiurkowa muma
This piece grabbed my eye the minute I saw it! All the gorgeous textures, amazing dimension and vibrant spring greens topped off with lots of pink flowers!! What's not to love!

 87. Gail Lett
I am just blown away with this vibrant card!! These colours just explode off the page and there is so much interest packed into just one layer, how could I resist! Stunning work Gail!


Samra's Favourite - #95 Elena Vinogradova
Gorgeous design in bright colors. The white doily against the neon bricks is what caught my eye and stole my heart! Elena has amazing style and grace in her work.


Sara Emily's Favourites

#90 Marty Fishman
Scribbly Bird tags
Look at all these wonderful colors,  not only on the birds but on those wonderful backgrounds!  And what made this project extra special is the love that went into it, as Marty prepared this for her daughter.  I always love it when something is made especially for a loved one!

Here I go breaking the rules again, but I truly could not pick between Marty's and another's colorful projects so my favorite is both of them!

#97-Amanda Pink

I mean!  Look at those amazing colors! Wow, Amanda!  You took that hippie era look right out of my head and executed it beautifully! I love the bold colors with the black silhouettes shaded with white. Rock on, Amanda!

***
Honourable Mentions!
This was probably the hardest month yet for us to choose our honourable mentions! There were just so many projects we loved! You really made it hard for us to narrow it down! Inspirational work from all of you!


2. Lozzy                  6. Deborah                  8. Ingrid B                  17. Corinne R
        

27. Maya                 30. MiSchra                 44. maria f                  91. Lee-Anne
      

***
A huge congratulation everyone! Thank you so much to everyone who played along with us last month and don't forget to grab your badges! You earned them!!

There is still plenty of time to enter  Samra's current challenge 'Earth Day'! We can't wait to see what you come up with this time!

Hugs to all, from the 'Anything But Cute' Design Team

14 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, thanks a million, I am just speechless, still pinching myself. What a great honour, oh you made my day! A lot of love & passion went into that piece, thanks again. Doing my happy dance!!! Congrats to others too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH KRIS - so happy for you and so well deserved. Your creation is just stunningly spectacular - for sure. And much congrats to all the DT favorites too - so many BRIGHT projects. This was one of my favorite challenges because I love COLOR!!! Thanks BUNCHES to Anything But Cute gals for giving my canvas runner-up. Smiling big. Hugs to all. j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Как приятно видеть свою работу среди лучших в вашем блоге! Спасибо большое за интересное задание и за то, что отметили мою открытку!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What vibrant lovely work by all the winners. Very well done x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations everyone, so many gorgeous entries! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kris - your work of art is outstanding! Keep on happy dancing you deserve to be thrilled . What a fantastic surprise to be chosen as a DT Favourite . Thank you so much Sara Emily . I am thrilled to bits and extremely humbled as there were so many fabulous entries
    Congratulations to all the other well deserved winners too . xx


    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Kris! Thank you noted my work !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing projects chosen as favorites!!! And Kris's creation is really stunning! Congratulation to her and to all the other showcased ladies for their wonderful artwork, really beautiful each. And thank you so much for the honourable mention too!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Biggest congratulations to each of you, what beautiful projects were made!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to all the winners, favorites and honorable mentions! You all did a fantastic job and made it so hard to narrow down! There were so many beautiful projects to drool over this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much picking me as one of the DT favourites. Big congrats to the winner and the other DT favs & honourable mentions too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so embarrassed...a bit behind on checking on challenges I've entered...thank you so much, Sara Emily, for choosing my bird tray as one of your favorites - I am thrilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so deserving of recognition for this fun tray! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete