Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, October 5, 2015

Challenge # 6 - 31 Days of Halloween

Hello Everyone!

Before we introduce you to our new challenge we have some bad news and some good news to share with you.  The bad news is that this is the last challenge for one of our team members, Georgie.  The good news is that she has become a contributing member of The Craft Stamper magazine so while she is moving on from this team, she will still be sharing her creativity.  We all want to thank Georgie for her contributions to our team and wish her all the best.  Now on to our new challenge:

***

Sara Emily here, and I am your hostess this for this month's challenge here at Anything But Cute. A huge thank you to all of you talented artists, new and seasoned, who participated in Niki's Mixed Media Makover challenge last month! It was so much fun to see the before photos (which were great to start with) and how you recycled and restyled them into something even more awesome! Don't forget to check back with us next Monday when Niki and the team announce the winners of the Mixed Media Makeover Challenge. Now on to this month's theme.

For those that know me, you know I LOOOOVE Halloween!  It's a day when you can look any way you want and be someone you can't any other day of the year.Only I think it's more than just ONE day--I'll be celebrating for the 31 days of October!

"31" DAYS OF HALLOWEEN

If you love Halloween like I do, it's more than just one day out of the year, it's a season! For this challenge I would like you to make a mixed media card or project for Halloween. It can be spooky or not, but you MUST include the number "31" somewhere in your project. We can't wait to see the creative ways you'll be incorporating this number in your mixed media piece!

***

And now for some inspiration from the talented Anything But Cute design team!

Sara Emily - sarascloset


I found this old box in the basement of an old house, and dusted it off.  Baaaaad mistake!  I seem to have awakened some lost souls when I opened it!  So I carefully  sealed the box and altered the outside using stencils and paste, paints, inks and stains and a bunch of other stuff.  Stop by my blog if you are brave enough to see what's inside! Mwahahaha!

Branka - Vintage Handmade

I was in the mood to create something funny and Dylusional for this amazing challenge theme so I pulled out my Dylusions big journal, my Dylusions paints, stencils, stamps, some markers, pens and voila, this is the result:) I put the number 31 on the belt buckle and a handbag.

Cec - CW Card Creations

I have altered a bottle that I picked up at a local thrift store for next to nothing.  It is covered with lots of texture paste, cheesecloth, ink sprays, beads, vintage labels, gems and some glittery spiders.  My #31 was painted, crackled and rubbed with pewter wax paste.

Georgie - Little Blue Craft Box

The Curse of 31
Saying the number 31 five times in the presence of five spiders will turn you into this...!! Shock Horror!!! Naaaaah, only kidding, but I did create quite the story in my head about this poor soul who dared to try. Embossing folders, foil tape, black distress paint kept me sane throughout this creation - just! ;)

Niki - Pawsitively Creative Crafts


31 Days of Halloween made me think of graveyards and skeletons! I love me a good haunted house and that was my inspiration for this design. This is my first time altering a TH clock and also making "clothes" for skeletons. I used so many products and supplies, the list would be longer than I have room to write. I have used the number 31 in two spots. 31 Halloween Hauntings and on a gravestone-Max died at 31 years old and now haunts people in the graveyard.

Samra - Paper Talk with Samra

I created a Gothic style greeting card. The background is a piece of chipboard treated with gesso, crackle paint and distress inks. I make the antique frame by gluing 8 diecuts and then painting them with black paint, crackle paint and then red paint. I wanted #31 to be the focal point of this project and I don't think you can miss it by any chance :)

***
Wow! Aren't these Halloween projects spine-tingling?! Every month my Teamies leave me with my jaw hanging open over their creative genius-ness! Please hop over to the team blogs to see more photos and get some details on how these projects were made. And don't forget to leave some bloggy love while you're there.

I hope that we have inspired you to head to your craft room and pull out those creepy, bone-chilling, scary, or not-so-scary bits and mixed media products to create a Halloween feast for the eyes.  Just don't forget we need to see the number 31 represented in some way on your project!

The winner will receive the honour of being our Guest Designer for an upcoming challenge!

Here at Anything But Cute we just love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional projects and artists. You just never know when we might be giving out something special to a lucky mixed media newcomer. We all have to start somewhere, right?

Challenge runs until November 4th - we can't wait to see what you come up with! Happy Crafting from the entire team and thanks for visiting Anything But Cute!


18 comments:

  1. My Goodness, ladies! You have really rocked my theme! Every piece shows the amazing creativity and talent you all possess, and you have made your # 31 stand proud! I've been to each of your blogs, and what a TREAT! Thank you for making the most amazing pieces of art for my challenge this month! big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow ladies, what fabulous projects you have created - spooky and fun and very inspiring - I love the theme! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow ladies, what fabulous projects you have created - spooky and fun and very inspiring - I love the theme! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Georgie-you will be greatly missed dearie! You are such a talent and such a sweet and classy lady! Cheers to you on your new endeavor!!! Huge hugz as well!

    I am excited to see what horrors await for entries into this challenge! All of my teamies have really outdone themselves for this challenge! Spooktacular!!! "31" is the new black! Mwahahahaha! Have fun and let your creativity flow! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a feast for the eyes ladies, gorgeous work - I'll be round tomorrow to see you all individually and take in the detail, and so sad this is my last post... Life is just getting busier, and even with the kitchen complete, the garden is just a beast, and my work commitments have changed - more days a week. But I will always be here in spirit and definitely following you all, all the way xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness ladies I have just visit all your awesome posts for this challenge and wow well worth the visits and truly inspiring work from you all.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What fabulously, creepy inspiration!! Well done ladies!!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Halloween theme!!!! YAY! Phew...happy I added a 31. For a second I was bummed I couldn't play.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, these are awesome projects and such a fun challenge! I think I have just the perfect idea for a project! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous theme for October and incredible inspiration from the DT as always! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, such very gorgeous projects, what an inspiration!! and yes that's my favourite theme, fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Amazing inspiration here! I rarely so mixed media, but managed with my project today. Hope to do more and join you in the future as well. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first year for making anything Halloween. The DT inspirations are absolutely superb and I really hope I can learn from you all - thank you for the challenge, for inspiring and teaching me Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karen, Thank you for your kind words about the Design Team! We're so happy to be able to inspire, and if you learn something, too-- well, that's great! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, the samples are amazing. I had a hard time choosing only one as inspiration. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, my Goodness! You buys are making it so hard to even think about choosing a winner!Each and every entry so far is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete