Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, April 20, 2015

Introducing Sara Emily

Hello Everyone!

Today I am here to introduce you the next member of the Anything But Cute design team. I have been following Sara Emily's work for some time now and not only is she a dear friend but she is talented beyond all get out! Please hang around and learn a little bit more about this wonderful artist and see some of her one-of-kind mixed media creations!



My name is Sara Emily Barker, and I live about 7 miles from the most beautiful beach on the Eastern Coast of USA, in Wilmington, NC.  I am married and have 16 year old boy/girl twins, and two identical cats.

I am a "retired" Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant, but am now self employed as a gardener, Organizer and Personal Assistant. I have been blogging since March 2014,  but have been crafty as long as I can remember. I've enjoyed  painting, sculpting, stained glass, scrap booking, up-cycling furniture and other found goodies, and most recently paper crafting and card making.  I started card making as a way to help a relative get through a long illness--making and sending a card every day for 18 months!  Having gotten a little burnt out on that, I've found my true passion--mixed media/altering found objects. Oh, I do an occasional card, but can't help but layer it on, even with a card! Here are a few of my favorite's since I've started blogging.

***
Sara Emily has picked out a few of her favourite mixed media projects to share with us today. Her creativity knows no bounds and her projects are truly unique and beautiful!

***

Time Flies August 2014

This was my first canvas, and it's a favorite because I really had to think outside the box to depict how time flies.  I also love the Dr. Seuss poem I used.

12 Tags of 2014 March 2015

I created this in just four days, and accomplished my goal to complete Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2014, although a little late to the party! So many great techniques to try on this sampler.

Plan B September 2014

I'm a collector of vintage sewing gear, so I had a blast making a box to stash it all--well, not ALL!  I made decorated folders to keep things organized inside. It was great fun to include some of my collection in the design, too!  This is one of those things you have to visit my blog to see it all.

Dream On October 2014

This is a favorite, because I  LOVE  Halloween, and this was my most meaningful example of my Halloween projects.  I had the best time creating this out of an old bird house. Another piece you need to visit my blog to see it all.

 Tim's  12 Tags of 2015 January 2015

My absolute favorite!  I made this Valentine out of a cigar box lid for my lovely daughter and giggled the entire time I was working on it, knowing how much she was going to love it! Every single thing on it has special meaning to her. This is why I create!  

***

Well, I think you will agree that Sara Emily is a mixed media artist that can pull a rabbit out of a hat, I am just so excited to see what she comes up with for our challenges!

Please come and visit us again on Thursday, April 23rd when we introduce our next Design Team member, and don't forget to hit that Follow button while you're here!

15 DAYS UNTIL OUR FIRST CHALLENGE GOES LIVE - MAY 5 - DON"T MISS IT!

Happy Crafting!
Pamellia :)

27 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sara Emily and Pamellia! Sara your mixed media work is amazing! It is always so elaborate and intricate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Samra! You have really made my day! I can't wait for the fun to get started! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Wow, another super talented member for this team. Sara Emily, your work is unique, varied and incredible.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cec! That is such a sweet thing to say! I'm so lucky to be a part of Pamellia's team! Big Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Wowzers! Love the eclectic range of mixed media you make Sara Emily! What wonderful pieces to showcase and I had almost the same top picks for you. So glad you are on the team and you are amazeballs! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Niki, I am super excited to be on the team, and very happy to be crafting along side you! You are an amazingly talented artist, and I'm very humbled to be on the same team with you, my friend! Big hugs, Punkin!

      Delete
  4. Great to see another member of your team. Lovely work Sara Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jane! I love having your blog delivered to my in box, and I hope I'll see your exceptional and inspirational work in the challenges!

      Delete
  5. This is turning out to one fantastic team! On count down!!! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see Sara Emily here! Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you are on the team, Sara Emily! Amazing pieces of mixed media art you shared with us! I love your fabulous style very much! You are so talented and creative and you are a very good person, too!
    Love
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Branka, I'm very touched by your comment here. I have great admiration for your work and your wonderful personality as well! I still have to pinch myself to make sure I'm awake; I can't believe Pamellia chose me to be on the team among such wonderful artists! Big hugs, and love to you, my friend!

      Delete
  8. Great variety of mixed media and look forward to your designs in the future. Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela! You hit the nail on the head about the variety! I just never know what's going to happen once I start crafting! Ha! Ha! Can't wait to see what you create for the challenges! Hugs!

      Delete
  9. Hello Sara,
    Such an eclectic mix of work you have allowed us to see and salivate over, I am so very very happy that Pamellia has gone out and found new artists in Blogland that I always knew were there but no-one had picked up on. I wish you all the very best for this Blog to be a success but I can already see by the Dt chosen that it is going to be. I am so looking forward to the day when it all kicks off and the first Challenge
    is announced. Great to see some new faces.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Sue! What a lovely message to read! I know Pamellia's blog will be a huge success! She is one talented and creative lady, who has a huge, warm heart, so she can't help but succeed! Thank you for your support, and I can't wait to see what you will create! Big hugs!

      Delete
  10. YES Pamellia - you are right - Sara is talented beyond all get out! Wow. Hi Sara - so excited to learn from you as part of the DT - very exciting. Your creations are incredible. Thank you so much for sharing all your favs. Each one is WONDERFUL. j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Joi, what a huge, sweet compliment! Thank you; it means a lot to me that you like my stuff! And having a look at your latest (ATC) I can tell we think a lot alike!:):) I can't wait to see what you'll create for Anything But Cute's challenges!

      Delete
  11. Hehe, so pleased on the team with you!! Your work is amazing and I love what you have showcased here! Sorry I missed this going live yesterday (more internet drama), anyway, I really cannot wait to see what you come up with for the team, you make some of the most unbelievable pieces! Loads of hugs my friend, Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgie, I've said it before, and I'll say it again! You are the sweetest! Thank you so much for your support. You have always been so supportive and complimentary of my work, and it really makes me happy! Big hugs back to you, my friend!

      Delete
  12. Another wonderful DT member Pamellia, it is great to meet Sara and see her amazing projects. Your team is looking wonderful so far! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mo! You made my day! I'm happy you like my favorite projects! I'm looking forward to seeing your wonderful work here at Anything But Cute!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations Sara! Love your work and you will be an amazing addition to the talented DT here at Anything But Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb! I have been so lucky to have you regularly visit my blog...I appreciate your support and cannot wait to see what you will create for Anything But Cute! Big hugs!

      Delete
  14. All your creations looks stunning here Sara! This is one rockin' team! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete