Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Introducing Cec

Hello Everyone!

Today I am here to introduce you the next member of the Anything But Cute design team. She is a super talented artist and also a sweet dear friend, whom I have had the amazing pleasure of getting to know face to face. I have been an admirer of Cec's since before I started blogging, so it's a real treat for me to work and play along side this talented gal. Please hang around and learn a little bit more about this fabulous lady and see some of her spectacular mixed media work!



I am a retired Director of Finance and live with my wonderful husband of 39 years just outside Toronto, Canada.  He is still working to support my crafting habit and I am not encouraging him to retire any time soon.  We have one daughter who is married and has blessed us with two fabulous grandchildren.  Both my daughter and my granddaughter are very creative so I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I have been crafting for as long as I can remember and came by it naturally since my mother was a very creative person.  I have done counted cross stitch and dried flower arranging in the past - heck, I even did macrame at one time :)  I started card making around 2006 but really just dabbled at it until I lost my job in 2009 and then had lots of time to play.  A couple of years ago I started to make more vintage and shabby chic cards and was hooked.  In the past year I have started adding more mixed media to my repertoire.

***
Cec has picked out a few of her favourite mixed media projects to share with us today. She has such a wonderful range of styles and her techniques are definitely on my MUST-LEARN-LIST!

***

This little sewing tin started as a holder for a gift card and shows how mixed media can transform all sorts of items.  I love that the eclectic bits and pieces that I added to the top are all tied together with paint and wax paste.




***
This masculine card is a favourite because I got to play in the sand and make paper that looks like rust.  I also played with metal foil tape from the hardware store - so much fun.




***
I love this project because I was able to turn something that would have been in the garbage once empty into something pretty and useful when it is filled with something like bath beads.




***
This project is a favourite because I made my own stencil for the pebbles, molded some of the elements from crafter’s clay and played with more metal foil tape.  I also love the colours and despite my inability to draw, I think my mermaid is just so fabulous, even if she is having a bad hair day.


***
I love this art journal page because it has a nice vintage vibe and it allowed me to pretend I am a very frilly and feminine gal, which I am not really.  Getting to Paris is on my bucket list but right now with the exchange rate as it is, all I can do is look at this page and dream.


***

Well, I think you will agree that Cec is such a talented lady and I for one, can't wait to see what she comes up with for our challenges!

Please come and visit us again on Monday, April 27 when we introduce our next Design Team member, and don't forget to hit that Follow button while you're here!

12 DAYS UNTIL OUR FIRST CHALLENGE GOES LIVE - MAY 5 - DON"T MISS IT!

Happy Crafting!
Pamellia :)

13 comments:

  1. BIG CONGRATULATIONS Cec!!! Your work is amazing, I am your huge fan!!! Pamellia congratulations on having Cec be part of Anything But Cute! This is great! Can't wait till the Challenge kickoff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to have you on board my friend! A truly fabulous artist and I am so honoured to work along side you!! Welcome aboard! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cec! I'm new to your blog, so I came over to say congratulations! Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful choice for the team, Pamellia! Big congratulations, Cec! I adore your art work and I am so thrilled to work with such a super talented and amazingly creative teamie! Can't wait for our first challenge to start!
    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah! Cec's in the house! You are a wonderfully funny lady with oodles of raw art talent dearie! So happy happy joy joy you are my teamie! Bubbles did an awesome job of picking the DT! Keep the laughs coming and your art as well. A big Congrats and Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Cec.....lovely pieces. So many cool techniques. Looking forward to seeing the challenge go live. .not long now x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work Cec, yet another amazingly talented person here on the DT at Anything But Cute! Can't wait to see what you all have in store for us, counting down the days :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cec, nice to meet you! Another wonderful talent added to your Design Team Pamellia. Love reading about your inspirations and looking forward to seeing your projects :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamellia, a great choice of a super talented designer for your team! Cec, I adore your work, and am proud to be able to create along side you; just wish it were in person--so jealous of both you and Pamellia to be able to craft side by side! My favorite of your favorites is the masculine birthday card--no surprise, right? Welcome aboard! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing samples. What a great team you have assembled

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Cec, so glad you're on this team! You know I love your work so much!! Can't wait to see what the future holds for this team, and you will be amazing!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant examples of your art! An excellent addition to the team! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will fit in perfectly to this team Cec - stunning transformational pieces here that I recall from your blog. I too find it hard to throw out boxes etc just in case they might be useful. Loving your oodles of texture. Looking forward to seeing all the first challenge makes. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete