Here at Anything But Cute we love to see all the seasoned and expert mixed media artists, but we also want to encourage those who are just getting their feet wet. Our design team will always be on the lookout for these exceptional artists, and you just never know when we might be giving out something special to a talented mixed media newcomer.
Make sure to put 'newbie' after your name in the linky so we know who you are.
(new refers to 'new to mixed media' NOT 'new to our challenge')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Introducing Branka

Hello Everyone!

My name is Pamellia Johnson and I would like to welcome you to Anything But Cute Mixed Media Challenges! We are a monthly mixed media challenge blog with a new challenge the 5th day of every month at 7:00 am EST.

Please make sure to check out our challenge details and rules HERE and feel free to grab our badge HERE.

I would like to introduce you to the first member of the Anything But Cute design team. I haven't known her for long, but in the short time I have been following her, I have fallen in love with her sweet-hearted personality and her amazing art!                                                                                                                                                        
Hello! My name is Branka (also known as Vintage Handmade). 

Let me introduce myself. I am a proud mom of two amazing children - a boy (17) and a girl (11) and I am a wife of a wonderful husband. We live in a small town in Croatia in our family home, we have a huge yard and a sweet little puppy that we all love. My main profession is an interpreter/translator.

In December 2013, I discovered scrapbooking/paper crafting by chance. It was love at first sight :) I am not consider myself as an artist but Tim's (Holtz) genius techniques are so fun and easy to follow that everyone can express himself in an artistic way using them. I started with my blog last year and my first challenge entry was in last October. My style is rather masculine and grunge but I try to express myself in other styles as well. I am in love with mixed media art and art journaling and I like to mix Tim's and Dyan's (Reaveley) products and techniques when I do art journaling. It is so fun! I also create cards, mini albums and journals for my friends, relatives and people I love. 

***
Branka has picked out a few of her favourite mixed media projects to share with us today. She has a wonderful versatility with her art and she can do just about any type of project!

***
Journal Pages
I started with art journaling for about a month ago. It's a fun way to express yourself and I enjoy very much doing it. I almost never have a plan in art journaling. Usually, I start playing with different color combinations and techniques without any idea of the final result.


Card and tag
I create cards for my friends and relatives to make them happy. I love to use Tim Holtz's dies and techniques a lot and the color combination of brown and blue tones I love the most.


This tag is one of my favorites. I used Tim's Rock Candy Distress Glitter technique on the background, Perfect pearl mists on the layered butterfly, Rub'n'Buff in gold for a final touch. I love to play with layered Tim's dies very much.


Faux metal plate
I am in heaven when I am playing with rust powders and metallic paints. For the background of this plate I used Tim's industrial technique and added some bronze antique paste. All the metal embellishments are rusted with the help of my rust powders.


Altered book
I am in love with cogs and gears. This altered book was made in steampunk style which I love probably the most. All the cogs and gears there were cut from the craft heavy weight cardstock and rusted with several different distress stains and paints.


Mini album
This mini album was totally made in Tim's style full of stamping, distressing, ephemera and other fun stuff. It's a Vintage valise shaped mini album with lots of pockets, tags and embellishments.


***

Well, I think you will agree that Branka is a wonderful artist and I am so looking forward to seeing what she creates for our challenges!

Please come and visit us again on Monday, April 13 when we introduce our next Design Team member, and don't forget to hit that Follow button while you're here!

ONLY 26 DAYS UNTIL OUR FIRST CHALLENGE GOES LIVE - MAY 5 - DON"T MISS IT!

Happy Crafting!
Pamellia :)

44 comments:

  1. Wow, Branka, your creations are quite diverse, but all fabulous...I particularly love that gorgeous butterfly tag.

    How exciting for you, Pamellia, congrats! I have left a message for you on your personal blog.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jennifer! I am glad you like my creations!
      Branka xxx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Branka, love the Butterfly tag as well as all your other works. cannot wait for the challenges to start. I am indeed a novice, extremely so but love to craft.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jacquie! Hope to see you here!
      Hugs :)
      Branka xxx

      Delete
  3. Branka, what a gorgeous array of projects. Pamellia, it is wonderful to have a new challenge on the scene and the blog design is fabulous.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just so in love with your work Branka, it's so wonderful that we get to craft together!! big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamellia! I am so excited to craft together with such a talented artist like you!
      Hugs :)
      Branka xxx

      Delete
  5. Branka, what a lovely array of mixed media projects you have created and shared with us today! I fell in love with that tag the first minute I laid eyes on it on your blog. I can't wait to visit your blog and check out all these other amazing projects!

    Pamellia, so great you have started this inspiring blog! I am sure you will have many talented new and seasoned crafters joining in your challenges! I can't wait for the first challenge!
    Hugs to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sara! I am so happy you like my creations! Can't wait for the first challenge, too!
      Big hugs :)
      Branka xxx

      Delete
  6. Wonderful artwork Branka!
    Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susi! Hope to see you here!
      Hugs :)
      Branka xxx

      Delete
  7. This blog looks wonderful Pamellia, great backgrounds. Congrats Branka on being first up on the DT, love your work and you will compliment Pamellia beautifully. Off to join the followers.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julie! I am thrilled to work with incredibly talented Pamellia!
      Hugs

      Delete
  8. Pamela, congrats on your brand spanking new challenge blog - I'm definition rely signing up to follow!! It looks wonderful!!

    Branka - wow your work looks AMAZING, particularly in love with your journal page, congrats on being the on the DT and the first one up too.

    Hugs,
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Pamellia, that darn auto-check!! I normally catch it but didn't this time aa I'm being sneaky whilst at work lol - sorry xx

      Delete
    2. Thaks so much, Georgie!
      Hugs
      xxx

      Delete
  9. Hot diggity dog dang Branka! You are one talented lady and your creations are aweinspiring! So excited to see a new mixed media challenge!

    Bubbles-love the blog design and the tabs at the top for easy access to rules and such! Amazeballs! Hugs and happy crafting! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Niki!
      Big hugs to you :)
      Branka xxx

      Delete
  10. So wonderful and exciting Pamellia! Congratz on your new challenge blog! Branka your art is fabulous! Adore the wonderful colors and textures. Cannot wait to meet the rest of the DT! Happily following :)
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. HUGE congrats to Pamellia and Branka's artwork is absolutely stunning!!! Pamellia, I absolutely love this blog's design and easy access to all info!! Branka, your work is so inspiring, I am a big fan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Samra!
      Super big hugs :)
      Branka xxx

      Delete
  12. The blog looks wonderful! I'm so excited! Good luck with the new challenge! Can't wait to join the fun! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Branka, what lovely art you have shared here. I am really looking forward to joining in with the challenges, it's always great to see a new mixed media challenge. Wishing you all the very best of luck with this new exciting venture xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jane! Hope to see you here!
      Branka xxx

      Delete
  14. Lovely works of art , Branka Well Done and thank you for sharing.
    Elaine H X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful work Branka and great to find out a bit more about you! The best of luck with this new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Astrid for your support!
      Hugs :)

      Delete
  16. Congrats Pamellia in hosting a challenge blog! Branka - I enjoyed reading about how you came to live in Switzerland and the pics of your wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to the new challenge and if the inspiration remains as good as Branka's here then I will be back often! Congrats to Pamellia, Branka and all involved. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Nikki! Hope to see you here!
      xxx

      Delete
  18. Branka - So exciting to see how many various types of artwork you have mastered. I just LOVE seeing your variety - it's all wonderful. Really wonderful. So happy to be able to see more of your creativity on this new design team. So fun. Congrats to you and Pamellia too! Can't wait to see more DT members. Happy Weekend. j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joi, so much for taking the time to leave a sweet comment! I am glad you like this blog and my creations!
      xxx

      Delete
  19. Thanks Branka for your inspiration! I love the rich variety of your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely to see your stunning and diverse work Branka, great impressions from the first design team lady 'off the blocks', your talents bode very well for this great sounding challenge. Looking forward to more. Congrats once again to the super talented and mega entreprising Pamellia. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicola, thank you so much! Hope to see you here!
      xxx

      Delete
  21. Looks like this will be a fabulous ride! Love Branka's work....
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great range of projects Branka, love them. Just want to wish you all the best for the future of the new challenge blog Pamellia and look forward to joining in.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Angela! Hope to see you here :)
      xxx

      Delete